Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hello Song


Each week we welcome visitors by singing the Hello Song.  To make it interesting and fun for the kids I do a couple of things.  I either have them sing Hello in another language, or I choose a color and if they are wearing it, they are the echo.  Here are some of the languages that we sing:
(These are written how you would say it)
Chinese:     Nee How
French:       Bon jour (Bon shore)
German:     Guten Tag
Greek:        Yah Soo
Hawaiian:    Aloha
Hebrew:      Shalom
Italian:         Chow
Japanese:     Kon nee chee wa
Russian:      Pree -vyet
Samoan:     Malo
Spanish:      hola
Sweedish:    hej (hey)
Taiwanese:   Li-ho
Vietnamese:  sin chow
ASL:            hand salut from the forehead (Sign language)
These are just a few that we have learned.  You can look up more, there are MANY ways to say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment