Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Monday, October 1, 2012

"Singing Cups"






I like to be able to use things that I have around the house for singing time.  I decided one Sunday to just use some paper cups and some of the fuzzies that I had for a game.  I made a worm out of the smallest fuzzies that I had and hid different colors under each cup.  The idea was to have the children see if they could find the worm!  If they found the worm then they could all sing for a gummy worm!  (You could also just use it to let them decide how to sing the song)  They would sing one of the songs we were working on and then I would choose a child to come and pick a cup.  They loved this!  Once the worm was found, since in Senior the child found it first, I would pick a color and if they found that color then they got to choose how we sang the song or they could choose their favorite song.  If they didn't find the color then we just sang the song.

1 comment: