Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Scripture Power"


"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and direction from high" Elder Richard G. Scott

Scripture Power is one of the children's favorite songs!  They have so much enthusiasm when they sing this song.  We sang this in our program last year, and we continue to sing it as they always seem to choose it as a favorite song.  I think the children in our primary understood the power the scriptures have as many of them participated in a ward goal to read the Book of Mormon within 90 days!  For the program and whenever we sing this song, I have the children hold their scriptures in their hands and each time we sing "scripture power" they hold their scriptures up high in the air!  They LOVE this!  When we sang this song for our program, we had Books of Mormon for each child that they had written testimonies in.  We then sent these Books to the missionaries who were serving from our ward.  I reminded them that shortly these books that they were holding would soon be all over the world!  It was such a "Powerful" experience for everyone!  Being a mother of a missionary at the time, I couldn't express how grateful I was for this experience!

HOW TO TEACH:
To teach this song, have them tell you different things that help make their bodies strong.  Good diet, exercise, plenty of water, etc.  Then explain that the scriptures make their body strong in a different way! Talk about the ways the scriptures make you strong.  Then each time they sing "scripture power" have them hold their scriptures up high!  At the very end of the song I have them open their scriptures as it says, "the power that I get each time I read".  You can then read a scripture that they have opened up too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of opening to a page and reading a verse at the end of the chorus! Thank you for your ideas!

    ReplyDelete