Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Friday, October 26, 2012

"Scripture Singing"

I love whenever we can use our scriptures in Primary.  I feel that it is so important for the children to learn to use these valuable tools as much as possible.  I thought it would be fun to do a scripture search with singing time.  I will tell them to find a certain scripture and they are to read it and try to figure out a song that would go with that scripture.  You will have to probably bring extras from your library so that there will be enough for the children to share.  Here are some of the scriptures and songs that I will use:

SCRIPTURE                SONG
1 Nephi 3:7                  Nephi's Courage
D&C 4:3                       Called To Serve
Proverbs 29:9              The Wise man and the Foolish man
Leviticus 2:14               Popcorn Popping
D&C 138:53                 Latter Day Prophets
D&C 33:13                   Scripture Power
D&C 115:4                   I Belong To The Church of Jesus Christ
1 John 4:9                    He Sent His Son
1 Kings 18:34              Do As I'm Doing
I will have for our Opening Song or Reverence Song "Search, Ponder and Pray"
For the Junior Primary, I will have the teachers help the children look up the scripture and work together to think of a song.
Have fun searching the scriptures with the children and singing some of their favorite songs!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm going to share it at our leadership meeting. I'll credit you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using this idea tomorrow. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am using this tomorrow! What a fantastic idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete