Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

"Singing Measles"

I have done this several times throughout the years and the children literally never get tired of it.  I buy the round red stickers at any office supply store.  I have used the colorful ones too, but I think red seems more like the measles.  I then tell the children that singing can be contagious just like the measles.  We are going to see if we can contaminate our teachers with your singing!  I then pass out stickers to the primary presidency and then they go and give stickers to the children who are singing really good. (This usually means everyone because they love this).  The child who gets a sticker then has to put it on their teacher.  It is so fun to see how many stickers the teachers have on themselves when singing time is over.  I have them all come up so the kids can see how well they spread their singing measles.  You can't go wrong with this one!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this idea. I will use it very soon, maybe tomorrow if I find stickers quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete