Impressions!

My blog address is "primaryimpressions" because it seems that my ideas sometimes will come as impressions in the middle of the night! Whether you are a new chorister, or have been in the calling as long as I have, you are always looking for new ideas!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Miracle Of The Fish Singing"

 This is a fun activity for singing time to help the children practice the song we are learning.  I first start by telling them the story of how Jesus fed the multitude of 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish!  You can find the story in Mathew 14:13-21.  I then tell the children that they can make our two fish feed our multitude in primary by their singing.  I put two fish in the jar, (I use a clear tall jar so they can watch the fish multiply), then as they sing the song I have a member of the presidency add fish to the jar according to how well they sing.  We sing till the jar is full and then I share the goldfish with the children.  They love to watch the jar fill up!  Fun singing time as well as an opportunity to teach the children about miracles!


1 comment:

  1. This fun and inspirational idea will be tested out this coming Sunday. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete